Version 1.0 - October 4, 2006
This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to an individual's or entity's participation in the Gorilla Jack Affiliates Program (the "Program"). As used in this Agreement, "we" means Gorilla jack Inc., and "you" means the applicant. "Site" means a World Wide Web site and, depending on the context, refers either to Gorilla Jack's site located at the URL www.gorillajack.com, or to the site that you will link to our site (and which you will identify in your Program application).
To begin the enrollment process, you will submit a complete Program application via our site. We will evaluate your application in good faith and will notify you of your acceptance or rejection. We may reject your application if we determine (in our sole discretion) that your site is unsuitable for the Program. Unsuitable sites include those that:
- promote sexually explicit materials
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- promote illegal activities
- include "gorillajack" or variations or misspellings thereof in their domain names
- otherwise violate intellectual property rights
If we reject your application, you are welcome to reapply to the Program at any time. You should also note that if we accept your application and your site is thereafter determined (in our sole discretion) to be unsuitable for the Program, we may terminate this Agreement.
Once you have been notified that your site has been accepted into the Program, you may provide on your site one or more of the following types of links to our site:
- Product Links: You may select one or more Qualifying Products to list on your site. A "Qualifying Product" is any product that we stock regularly and have assigned a Gorilla Jack product ID, but does not include any other type of product, products that we have special ordered and do not regularly stock, products located in any other part of our site or any products not fulfilled by us. For each selected Product, you will display on your site a short description or other reference. You will be responsible for the content, style, and placement of these references. You will provide a Special Link (as defined below) from each Product reference on your site to the corresponding Gorilla Jack online catalog entry. Each such link will connect directly to a single item in our online catalog. You may add or delete Products (and related links) from your site at any time without our approval. You may not list products on your site that are not "Qualifying Products" as defined above.
- General Link to GorillaJack.com Home Page: You may provide a general link on your site to our home page at http://www.GorillaJack.com and we will provide you with guidelines and graphical artwork to use in linking to our home page.
To permit accurate tracking, reporting, and referral fee accrual, we will provide you with special "tagged" link formats to be used in all links between your site and our site. You must ensure that each of the links between your site and our site properly utilizes such special link formats. Links to our site placed on your site pursuant to this Agreement and which properly utilize such special link formats are referred to as "Special Links." You will only earn referral fees with respect to activity on our site occurring directly through Special Links: we will not be liable to you with respect to any failure by you to use Special Links, including to the extent that such failure may result in any reduction of amounts which would otherwise be paid to you pursuant to this Agreement.
We will process Product orders placed by customers who follow Special Links from your site to our site. We reserve the right to reject orders that do not comply with any requirements that we periodically may establish. We will be responsible for all aspects of order processing and fulfillment. Among other things, we will prepare order forms, process payments, cancellations, and returns, and handle customer service. We will track sales made to customers who purchase Products using Special Links from your site to our site and will make available to you reports summarizing this sales activity. The form, content, and frequency of the reports may vary from time to time in our discretion.
We will pay you (in accordance with Sections 5 and 6 below) referral fees on certain Product sales to third parties. For a Product sale to be eligible to earn a referral fee, a new Gorilla Jack customer must follow a Special Link from your site to our site, select and purchase the Product using our automated ordering system, accept delivery of the Product at the shipping destination, and remit full payment to us. We will not, however, pay referral fees on any Products that are added to a customer's Shopping Cart after the customer has reentered our site (other than through a Special Link), even if the customer previously followed a link from your site to our site. Customers who buy products through this Program will be deemed to be customers of Gorilla Jack. Therefore, subsequent orders placed by the same customer are not eligible for a referral fee. In addition, Products listed in our catalog or in search results that we no longer carry are not eligible for any referral fees. Gift certificates are not eligible to earn referral fees. The Program is intended for commercial use only, and you may not purchase products through the Program for your own use or for the use of some one else (e.g. family, friends, relatives, etc.). Such purchases may result (in our sole discretion) in the withholding of referral fees or the termination of this Agreement. Products that are eligible to earn referral fees under the rules set forth above are referred to as "Qualifying Products."
You will earn referral fees based on Qualifying Revenues according to referral fee schedules to be established by us. "Qualifying Revenues" are revenues derived by us from our sales of Qualifying Products, excluding costs for shipping, handling, taxes, service charges, credit card processing fees, and bad debt. The current referral fee schedule is:
- 10% Commission on every sale for a first time customer
- Maximum referral fee is $20 per transaction
- No referral fee is payable on transactions from existing Gorilla Jack customers - including those customers that you originally referred to us through this Program.
We will pay you referral fees on a monthly basis. Approximately 30 days following the end of each month, we will send you a check for the referral fees earned on our sales of Qualifying Products that were shipped during that month, less any taxes that we are required by law to withhold. However, if the referral fees payable to you for any month are less than $50.00, we will hold those referral fees until the total amount due is at least $50.00 or (if earlier) until this Agreement is terminated. If a Product that generated a referral fee is returned by the customer, we will deduct the corresponding referral fee from your next monthly payment. If there is no subsequent payment, we will send you a bill for the referral fee.
Customers who buy products through this Program will be deemed to be customers of Gorilla Jack. All Gorilla Jack rules, policies, and operating procedures concerning customer orders, customer service, and product sales will apply to those customers. We may change our policies and operating procedures at any time. For example, we will determine the prices to be charged for products sold under this Program in accordance with our own pricing policies. Product prices and availability may vary from time to time. Because price changes may affect Products that you already have listed on your site, you may not include price information in your Product descriptions. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to present accurate information, but we cannot guarantee the availability or price of any particular product.
We will make available to you a small graphic image that identifies your site as a Program participant. You must display this logo or the phrase "In Association with GorillaJack.com" somewhere on your site. We may modify the text or graphic image of this notice from time to time. In addition, we encourage (but do not require) you to include a Special Link on your site to the Gorilla Jack home page at http://www.GorillaJack.com.
We grant you a non-exclusive, revocable right to use the graphic image and text described in Section 8 and such other images for which we grant express permission, solely for the purpose of identifying your site as a Program participant and to assist in generating Product sales. You may not modify the graphic image or text, or any other of our images, in any way. We reserve all of our rights in the graphic image and text, any other images, our trade names and trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights. You agree to the following Trademark Guidelines. We may revoke your license at any time by giving you written notice.
These guidelines apply to your use of Gorilla Jack (the "Trademark") in materials which have been approved in advance by Gorilla Jack Inc.
- You may use the Trademark solely for the purpose authorized by Gorilla Jack Inc.
- You may not alter the Trademark in any manner. For example, you may not change the proportion, color, or font of the Trademark.
- You may not display the Trademark in any manner that implies sponsorship, endorsement by Gorilla Jack Inc. outside of your involvement in the Gorilla Jack Affiliates Program.
- You may not use the Trademark to disparage Gorilla Jack, its products or services, or in a manner which, in Gorilla Jack Inc.'s reasonable judgement, may diminish or otherwise damage Gorilla Jack Inc.'s goodwill in the Trademark.
- The Trademark must appear by itself, with reasonable spacing (at least the height of the Trademark) between each side of the Trademark and other graphic or textual elements.
- You must include the following statement in your materials that include the Trademark: Gorilla Jack is the trademark of Gorilla Jack Inc.
- You acknowledge that all rights to the Trademark are the exclusive property of Gorilla jack Inc., and all goodwill generated through your use of the Trademark will inure to the benefit of Gorilla Jack Inc.
- Affiliates of Gorilla Jack are not to bid for or buy Google Adwords and/or use other advertising or pay-per-click programs that utilize the term "Gorilla Jack", "GorillaJack.com", or any derivation thereof. You may utilize search phrases that do not include "Gorilla Jack", and any derivation thereof, in conjunction with Special Links in advertising or pay-per-click programs.
Gorilla jack Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these guidelines at any time. Gorilla Jack Inc. reserves the right to take action against any use that does not conform to these guidelines.
You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your site and for all materials that appear on your site. For example, you will be solely responsible for:
- the technical operation of your site and all related equipment
- creating and posting Product descriptions on your site and linking those descriptions to our catalog
- the accuracy and appropriateness of materials posted on your site (including, among other things, all Product-related materials)
- ensuring that materials posted on your site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party (including, for example, copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights)
- ensuring that materials posted on your site are not libelous or otherwise illegal
No Special Links may be used in mass mailings or postings of any kind other than posted on your site unless explicitly approved by Gorilla Jack Inc. in advance. "Spam" will not be tolerated and will result in immediate cancellation of your participation in the Program.
You may not rebate, pay or otherwise compensate customers for placing an order through the Special Link which generates a referral fee through the Program. Doing so will result in immediate cancellation of your participation in the Program. The Program has been established to generously compensate Affiliates for the referral of business, not to offer discounts, directly or indirectly, to customers.
We disclaim all liability for these matters. Further, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) relating to the development, operation, maintenance, and contents of your site.
The term of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Program application and will end when terminated by either party. Either you or we may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination. Upon the termination of this Agreement for any reason, you will immediately cease use of, and remove from your site, all links to our site, and all Gorilla Jack Inc. trademarks, trade dress and logos, and all other materials provided by or on behalf of us to you pursuant hereto or in connection with the Program. You are only eligible to earn referral fees on our sales of Qualifying Products occurring during the term, and referral fees earned through the date of termination will remain payable only if the related orders are not canceled or returned. We may withhold your final payment for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid.
We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and in our sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new agreement on our site. Modifications may include, for example, changes in the scope of available referral fees, referral fee schedules, payment procedures, and Program rules. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR NEW AGREEMENT ON OUR SITE WILL CONSTITUTE BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.
You and we are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your site or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section.
We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this Agreement or the Program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement and the Program will not exceed the total referral fees paid or payable to you under this Agreement.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Program or any products sold through the Program (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, noninfringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) SOLICIT CUSTOMER REFERRALS ON TERMS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR OPERATE WEB SITES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO OR COMPETE WITH YOUR WEB SITE. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Canada and the Province of Manitoba, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the courts located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.